Welcome to Enhanced Care Management
Enhanced Care Management (ECM) is a statewide free-of-charge Medi-Cal benefit available to members beginning January 1, 2022. ECM aims to provide a whole-person care approach that addresses the complex health and social needs of members enrolled in a Medi-Cal managed health care plan.
The goal of ECM services are to provide comprehensive care and achieve better health outcomes for Medi-Cal beneficiaries by:
- Improving care coordination
- Integrating services
- Facilitating community resources
- Addressing social determinants of health
- Improving health outcomes
- Decreasing inappropriate utilization and duplication of services
What Can ECM Do For Me?
If you qualify for ECM, you will have your own care team, including a Lead Care Manager. This person will talk with you and your doctors, specialists, pharmacists, case managers, social services providers and others to make sure everyone is working together to get you the care you need. Your Lead Care Manager can also help you find and access additional services in your community.
ECM Services Includes:
- Outreach and engagement
- Comprehensive assessment
- Case management
- Enhanced coordination of care
- Health promotion and coaching
- Comprehensive transitional care
- Member and family support
- Coordination and referral to community and social supports
ECM can also help with:
- Finding the right doctor for your needs and setting up appointments
- Help coordinating medication access
- Assist with linkage to transportation, food, housing, mental health, substance use and social services
- Follow-up after you’ve been in the hospital
Get started today!
Get started on your road to Wellness today
Email email@example.com and one of our Lead Care Managers will reach out to you.